Friday, January 21, 2011

Ahura Mazda (right) Invests Ardashir I With the Ring of Kingship



Your Ad Here



Some cool Investing images:

Ahura Mazda (right) Invests Ardashir I With the Ring of Kingship

Investing


Image by A. Davey

This is one of a number of Sassanid-era bas reliefs carved on the cliffs below the tombs of the Achaemenid kings at Naqsh-e Rustam.

I photographed the others but, frankly, they are in such poor condition and are so confusing that I decided not to inflict the photos on my viewers.

In this piece, Ahura Mazda, the principal Zoroastrian deity, invests king Ardashir I with the ring of kingship.

Ardashir I founded the Sassanid dynasty, which ruled Persia from the early 3rd century C.E. until the Empire collapsed in 651 C.E. Among other things, the Sassanids are notable for being the last pre-Islamic empire to rule Persia.

The artwork dates to the 3rd century C.E.

Naqsh-e Rustam, Iran.

And Moses invests [May 16]

Investing


Image by santheo

I never understood that comeback. Isn't investing a type of saving?


Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment